Our Raza board is made of Walnut, Maple, Oak and Purpleheart solid woods. This elegant beauty is a pleasant addition to any kitchen. Built to last! Size 9x 11.5x 1.5 Sizes are approximate. Weight: 4lbs 2oz
Periodically oil the butcher block with your choice of food grade plant or mineral oil. The #1 cause of problems with the butcher block/cutting board is letting it dry out due to lack of oil. A good rule of thumb is to oil once a week for the first month and then a minimum of monthly thereafter.
- DO NOT use a razor-edged cleaver. It will chip or splinter the wood and produce soft spots. Your cleaver should have a dull sharpened edge for best results.
- Sanitize your cutting board by wiping all surfaces down with mild dish soap and water. Dry thoroughly.
- DO NOT wash your wood cutting board with harsh detergents of any type.
- DO NOT wash your butcher's tools on your cutting board surface.
- DO NOT put cutting blocks/butcher blocks into the dishwasher.
- If you feel like you want a smoother surface after cutting for some time on the board, just LIGHTLY sand using 220-320 grit sand paper then wash with cold water, dry then oil.